Deeper Under

Me, myself and why.

2/21/2013

thursday

I visited [a clothing store] today. I had bought leather shoes from there two months ago and now I wanted to make a reclamation. Both of the shoes had a hole at the baby toe. The store would have wanted me to leave the shoes at the location for some further inspection but I had no other shoes with me that I could have worn to bounce back home. They said if I could come at some other time and I explained the situation would be the same then, too, as I just do not possess another pair of shoes. Haha. The nice woman said they'd do an exception with me and said 'go grab some shoes from the shelf'!


So I got free shoes. Me likes.

I've been working on this song called "Unspoken" now. It sounds so beautiful. It's a personal song and got to say when I recorded the demo I was touched by the song. By my own song! So I knew I was making something right. I like it a lot. "We'll leave it all unspoken / wish I had never fallen".

I've been listening to Darren Hayes all day, who's an Australian singer-songwriter of Savage Garden fame. He went on to a solo career and has made a lot of great sounding pop songs! Check out Black Out the Sun (click!) and Blood Stained Heart which has been stuck on my head all day. Some of them are kind of bitter love songs, a lot of them are made out of separation so I don't think they are the giddiest songs but wow man what a production, what a vocal talent and what a songwriting!

And guys! Do you know the feeling when you're on the subway, bathing in the winter sun with a smile on your face and new shoes on your feet, listening to Ed Sheeran and watching all the people on the train. How many people of whom you know nothing! So many unknown lives. All kinds of human destinies...

2 comments: