Deeper Under

Me, myself and why.

3/05/2013

I shouldn't...

I am not that sick anymore! Feeling better outside, inside even better. Hhaha.

I asked my friend to join forces with me as a synth player to play in my synth pop band and he said yes. I'm very happy because I got one box ticked out of my to-do list and things rolling little by little. The EP seems to be finishing by itself, haha, and I wish we'd be gigging in spring already. May, perhaps. It's all about the timing with ALL music concerned stuff so these things got to be planned early as hell. The EP must be released in the right time and you gotta think of all kinds of little things. And then again, none. It's complicated.

The clock was about 6 pm when I decided to start recording some additional acoustic guitars to the EP. I came up with a riff that I recorded and then I started playing some chords over it. The chord progression sounded so nice that I started to sing upon it and boom. A song was born.

"I Shouldn't Think Of You" is what I've made in two hours. I have been told by the producer not to make new songs (and I haven't for the last month or so!) because... well, I don't like doing bad songs. I usually ditch the song in an early phase if it doesn't please my ear. We've had a serious problem with my songwriting during the process of making the EP; I constantly produce better and better songs and that leads us, me and the producer, to a situation in which the songs we have decided to do are not the best ones anymore. So, I had to quit writing for some time.

And now that I started, this is what came out in two hours! I like it. I also use chords I seldom use and that was not even intentional, hehe.

I, I shouldn't think of you
Still I do
 

No comments:

Post a Comment